nanog mailing list archives

RE: XO outages?

From: "David Hubbard" <dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:54:30 -0400

From: Tom Beecher [mailto:tbeecherii () gmail com]

As much as I hate to ever defend that abomination that is XO,
I can get to my colocated stuff in Nashville with no problem.
Could be Tampa specific, I am hitting XO in DC, running down
to Atlanta, and back up to TN without a problem.

Yep, appears that this was an XO metro fiber cut in Tampa.
Evidently the redundant routes weren't.

Thanks to all that sent me info offlist,

David

David Hubbard wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with XO?  Seem to be having some big
outage in the south east for phone and data; traces to equipment in
Tampa stop at Virginia.  Their customer support lines are
as useless
as usual with their 'unusually long hold times' which seem
to be quite
predictable at 60 minutes at a minimum every time I have
ever called
them.

David