nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Neighbor maximum-prefix" option on routers

From: Alexander Koch <efraim () clues de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:50:36 +0100

On Sun, 19 November 2006 17:31:36 -0800, Jay Hennigan wrote:
[max-prefix]
We use it facing customers, typically set to about double the number of
prefixes that we expect to see from them, configured to restart in 10
minutes.  This is a sanity check should they try to send us a full table
or similar broken behavior.  Route-maps and filter-lists are in place as
well.

ehm, when you have filter lists, why max-prefix? do you
really use filters, if so what kind of? i would be really
curious to know what other ISPs do.

the more 'content' an ISP is the more crazy the announcements
get unfortunately, which is a shame. how do you filter that?
/18 le 24 and just let go?

Alexander