nanog mailing list archives

[Fwd: [Full-disclosure] NISCC DNS Protocol Vulnerability]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:51:19 +0200

As an FYI, seems serious.
No real or any details yet. Like a friend said, you can guess where to look for it yourselves but this release is rather useless until more details are given.

Attached is the message from FD.

        Gadi.

--
/~\ The Green
\ / Ribbon Campaign
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:59:05 +0300
http://www.niscc.gov.uk/niscc/vulnAdv-en.html
"The vulnerabilities described in this advisory affect implementations of the Domain Name System (DNS) protocol. Many vendors include support for this protocol in their products and may be impacted to varying degrees, if at all."

"Impact:
..DoS...memory corruption...stack corruption...buffer overflow exploits"

"Vendors affected:
Cisco, Delegate, Ethereal, Hitachi, ISC, Juniper Networks, MyDNS, pdnsd, Sun, Wind River & Microsoft"

Whole stuff in .pdf format
http://www.niscc.gov.uk/niscc/docs/re-20060425-00312.pdf?lang=en

--
My computer security & privacy related homepage
http://www.markusjansson.net