nanog mailing list archives

Re: Security control in DSL access network

From: William Caban <william.caban () netxar com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:13:07 -0500

An E-Series is not a DSLAM, it's a BRAS. Totally different function. A BRAS terminates subscriber sessions, a DSLAM terminates xDSL lines. Some DSLAMs act as mini BRAS these days. But an E-Series is not a DSLAM.

Is this where your confusion is? You really mean to be talking about BRAS?
Ooops! Yeah! I don't know what I was thinking when I mixed the two. I've been talking about the BRAS. The DSLAMs that I've worked with, Stingers and Paradyne, none support tens of thousands. Definitively not. Sorry about the mix up.

So for the previous emails:  's/DSLAM/BRAS/g'

-W