nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quarantine your infected users spreading malware

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 08:47:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jack Bates wrote:

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
<snip>
agreed, punting this problem to the helpdesk makes the helpdesk manager
grab his gun(s) and find the security wonk that put a hurtin' on his
numbers :) Also, it costs lots of money, which isn't generally a good
plan.

Do you find that web redirection actually stems the flow of calls to the
helpdesk? We find that anything out of the normal usually results in a

don't know, we don't do it except for some internal things I think... I
just know what our customer support folks do if I screw up and make a
bunch of customers call in :)