nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fanless x86 Server Recommendations

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:31:19 -0400

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:25:01AM -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

We're looking to acquire a couple small servers that can act as routers for
us at remote locations.

        You may want to check out soekris. (www.soekris.com)

To minimize hardware issues, I'd love to get something that has no fans, can
still run a fairly decent processor and preferably no hard drive (easy with
an IDE CF adapter).

It would need a couple PCI slots for quad port ethernet cards and a fairly
robust tolerance to temperature variations.

        It may not have enough "ports" for you, but perhaps
if you want enough they will build something custom for you.

        - jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net