nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nationwide Routing issues with Wiltel

From: Mark Radabaugh <mark () amplex net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:44:54 -0400

Steve Sobol wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Vincent India wrote:

Anyone experiencing problems with Wiltel Backbone, or know of any issues
with the Wiltel Backbone? I called their NOC and was told they are
experiencing a nationwide routing problem that they are working on but
couldn't get any further details?

I have a box sitting in a colo off a WCG circuit in Columbus, OH;
traceroutes from the west coast were dying a few hops short of the colo
facility, but I'm not a direct customer of WCG, so calling them for info
would have been pointless...

As a customer we were not able to get through to L3 on the phone.

Apparently prefix filtering wasn't working so well either given that AS27251 was
managing to announce 38/8, 64/8 and 67/8 with L3 happily passing it along.

--
Mark Radabaugh

Amplex
mark () amplex net