nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

From: Mark Smith <nanog () fa1c52f96c54f7450e1ffb215f29991e nosense org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:30:24 +0930

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:59:51 -0700
Warren Kumari <warren () kumari net> wrote:

On Jun 14, 2006, at 2:18 AM, John van Oppen wrote:

That being said, I know at least one of our transit customers does
hosting exactly how you are describing.   Coincidentally, this
customer is also one of the customers that asked if we could "give
them a class C block."

Ok, I KNOW I am going to be slapped by a bunch of people here, but....

I often refer to a /24 (anywhere in the space) as a "class C".

SLAP!

Actually, we've recently seen an Internet service RFP requesting Class
A addresses because they were "better" than Class Bs! At least they
won't be asking for any Class Cs - too low rent for them !

Hmm, I've just realised that we've just been assigned a "Class A" /18,
so maybe we can supply the customer "Class A, Number 1 Grade, Premium,
Royal Quality IP addresses" after all.

--

        "Sheep are slow and tasty, and therefore must remain constantly
         alert."