nanog mailing list archives

Re: wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

From: Michael.Dillon () btradianz com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:20:10 +0100

actually, in a brilliant demonstration of fair use of copyrighted
lyrics, paul was quoting directly from the song about alice's
restaurant.  well, actually, despite saying so, it's not much about
the restaurant at all.  "and the restaurant is not called alice's
restaurant, that's just the name of the song."

And this whole discussion about DNSSEC and DLV
reminds me of a bunch of 8 x 10 glossy photographs
with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on
the back of each one. Just another case of
American blind justice I suppose.

Has anyone ever considered trying to come up
with a way that these crypto projects could be
explained in plain English? I think a lot of
the problem with adoption of DNSSEC stems from
the fact that most people who might make a decision
to use it, haven't got a clue what it is, how it
works, or whether it even works at all. And it's
not their fault that they don't understand. It's
the fault of a technical community that likes to
cloak its discussions in TLAs and twisted jargon.

--Michael Dillon