nanog mailing list archives

Re: a fun hijack: 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 7/8, 8/8, 12/8 briefly announced by AS 23520 (today)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 06:11:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Ariel Biener wrote:
On Wednesday 07 June 2006 21:58, Gadi Evron wrote:
Gadi,

    There's no real need for such drastic measures over this. The Internet is no
longer a "safe" place, meaning that the sane NSPs/ISPs sanitize their networks
rather than trust someone else to do it for them, or trust someone else to never
make mistakes. As such, the diligent network operators and their networks will
not even be affected by this.

Indeed, the Internet is not a safe place. It always surprises me when
people think otherwise. Regardles, it is a place where someone else's
mistake can cost YOU.

    Also, there is a sentence that I like, I learned it from a proffessor here, but it
is well known:

"Never attribute to malice something that can be easily explained by sheer stupidity".

One of the most true I ever heard, and indeed, stupidity does hurt
us. Does it matter if it is malicious by /intent/?

best,

--Ariel
 --
 Ariel Biener