nanog mailing list archives

Re: Martin Hannigan. He rocks!

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () world std com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:16:32 -0500 (EST)

Martin is the 21st century version of Jim Fleming and
Jeff Williams. He entertains us with his hyperbole.

i don't know if i'd go THAT far.  none of those (fleming, williams, hannigan)
entertains me with their nanog posts.  (and neither does gadi.)  with usenet
gone, we just don't teach our kids entertainment-level hyperbole any more.

I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult, but
I noticed you did forget to say "My employer said" so at least it's
probably not actionable by any latigous, animal crackers.

And in all my years running news, I never came cross fleming or
williams so I wouldn't know. Someone called me and made a Denniger
and an Auerbach reference. I like both Karls so I'll take that as
a compliment. Regardless, it's good to be alive for another day
on the Internet becayse that's all it is - another day on the
Internet.

Best,

-M<