nanog mailing list archives

Re: WMF patch

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () world std com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:12:01 -0500 (EST)

Martin Hannigan quoth:

  Internet security problems at large haven't even reached the break
  of dawn yet. Wait until every phone, toaster, baby intensive care
  sensor, and car is hooked up.

Indeed, depending on how you look at it, Vint Cerf's formulation,
"IP on everything," is either a promise or a threat.  Maybe both.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/CDE/_IPONEV.GIF

Of course you know that this is Vint Cerf and it is clearly something
he would never do.

http://old-www.nersc.gov/aboutnersc/presentations/future/sld061.htm

OK, now I'll shut up.

Thanks. I was being serious. Internet security isn't a joke at anyones
expense anymore. I'd like to think that everyone is thinking about the
future of the Internet.

I think this is an interesting argument _for_ full disclosure even
though it's being cast as a debacle.

-M<