nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint Problems?

From: Ray Van Dolson <rayvd () digitalpath net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:14:34 -0800

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:12:47PM -0800, Crist Clark wrote:

Having trouble getting anything out of our Sprint rep. Rumors of
fiber whack. Problems out here in San Jose, California and in Texas,
Waco vicinity. Hard to say whether some of our problems over the rest
of North America are related to Texas and California or more widespread.
Voice and data problems.

Anyone have better info on what, where, and resolution?

We've had a ticket open with Sprint for about a week on this.  See latency
spikes (from ~20ms to ~300ms) on our circuits through them to certain hosts
from about 6am to 2pm daily (PST).

A basic traceroute always shows the latency to pop up between 152.63.57.49
(alter.net) and 144.232.9.1 (Sprint).  I have been told there is a
bandwidth overutilization issue here and it will be resolved late January.

Ray

PS: I was going to try and get you guys the ticket number for the issue (the
one ours is related to), but calls to 800-877-5045 option #1 are just
ringing busy.