nanog mailing list archives

Re: QWest is having some pretty nice DNS issues right now

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:06:35 -0500

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:30:12 GMT, "Christopher L. Morrow" said:

It seems like maybe that is all too common. Are the 'best practices'
documented for Authoritative DNS somewhere central? Are they just not well
publicized? Do registrars offer this information for end-users/clients? Do
they show how their hosted solutions are better/works/in-compliance-with
these best practices? (worldnic comes to mind)

Should this perhaps be better documented and presented at a future NANOG
meeting? (and thus placed online in presentation format)

Will somebody who has the OReilly DNS book handy check and see if Chapter 8
doesn't already cover this?

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

If it doesn't, maybe we need to hint to the authors that an update is needed
for the 5th edition.

If it does, I suspect the basic problem runs much deeper, and can't be solved
by a NANOG presentation put online...