nanog mailing list archives

Re: Gmail weirdness?

From: Mark Owen <mr.markowen () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:19:38 -0600

On 2/10/06, Mark Foster <blakjak () blakjak net> wrote:

Anyone noticed any odd behavior with gmail? Particularly in the last few
weeks?

Particularly, we're seeing gmail deliver multiple instances of a message
from a gmail subscriber to a mailing list server...

The following post gives as much info as i've been able to collate to
date:

http://www.linux.net.nz/pipermail/nzlug/2006-February/003398.html

The problems were first observed by us week-before-last.

At this stage i'm being forced to moderate any gmail-using-subscriber, it
may be that we need to forbid gmail.com entirely.

Gmails website didn't list any suitable NOC-type contact addresses, nor
are there any on the NOC list site.

The fact we're seeing discrete SMTP connections does make it look like the
problem is definately related to the-other-end and at the minimum, some
liason with an appropriate person at google/gmail would be great.
Likewise if this is a 'known issue', someone please feel free to shoot me
down as appropriate....

Thanks
Mark Foster.

As a subscriber that interacts on multiple lists, as well as the
occasional personal e-mail I'll send out to friends and family, no one
has ever reported that they are receiving multiple instances of my
e-mails.  I have also never received multiple e-mails from other gmail
users directly or through a list.

Only contact I can find for gmail is gmail-support(at)google.com

--
Mark Owen