nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS - connection limit (without any extra hardware)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:20:47 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Petri Helenius wrote:

Geo. wrote:
I know this is kind of a crazy idea but how about making cleaning up
all these infected machines the priority as a solution instead of
defending your dns from your infected clients. They not only affect
you, they affect the rest of us so why should we give you a solution
to your problem when you don't appear to care about causing problems
for the rest of us?

Has anyone figured out a remote but lawful way to repair zombie machines?

Microsoft auto-update, the telephone line, going to a different country
with a different set of rules.

        Gadi.