nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Solutions outage?

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:04:02 +0100

On 4/4/06, Vinny Abello <vinny () tellurian com> wrote:

       Did anyone else notice the withdrawal of 205.178.184.0/21? I
couldn't reach Network Solutions or any worldnic.com DNS servers for
at least 10 minutes from our network or any route server I tried on
the Internet. All were on this /21 which was no longer being
announced from any perspective I saw.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny () tellurian com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain

Hi,

"Meanwhile, in the second attack of its kind in the past few days, DNS
servers at Network Solutions were hit by a denial-of-service attack,
resulting in a brief performance degradation for customers, according
to the company."

http://groups.google.com/group/n3td3v/browse_thread/thread/a92bc5b744c99705/31bb362a6ddd0e37#31bb362a6ddd0e37

Regards,

n3td3v

Side note:
Please don't complain about not using a 'real name', you can always
ban me from Nanog, to which I will use another e-mail address the next
time I have something to add to the list. Dog chasing its tail for the
Nanog moderator I guess. However everyone knows who n3td3v is, and to
use any other name would be a great injustice to the list, in the way
it would be misleading and mystifying for people wondering, "is this
n3td3v on a 'real name'?". See you next time as n3td3v, and no other
name will ever be used as far as n3td3v and Nanog are concerned.