nanog mailing list archives

Re: Proxy/Caching Servers

From: "Elijah Savage" <esavage () digitalrage org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:36:31 -0400 (EDT)

  Hey all,

 I need some recommendations on proxy servers for enterprise environments.
Our current product can't handle the load & is no longer being supported
by the vendor. The devices need to handle at least 1000+ concurrent
connections at about 20 Mbit/s. Websites, Streaming, etc, etcÂ…

 Not sure if there's one product that does what I'm looking for:

 1. Appliance based (preferred, but not required)
 2. Clusterable/VRRP Setup or can be used behind a load balancer
 3. Web/FTP virus checking
 4. Caching
 5. Web content filtering (include ability to add manually to a deny list)
 6. Logging and user auditing (via name or client IP address)
 7.  Real-time traffic monitoring
 8. Grant/Deny access to particular websites from individual/grouped
client IP addresses
    Thanks

This is always a touch subject caching customers content. :)

Look at the bluecoat
products.http://www.bluecoat.com/resources/technology/proxycaching.html