nanog mailing list archives

RE: Network Map Generator

From: <andrew2 () one net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:17:17 -0400

owner-nanog () merit edu wrote:
I'm looking for a product or script that will let us generate
a network map for use in conjunction with Nagios.  We have
all of the parent/child dependencies defined in a SQL table,
as well as the current status, but I can only find programs
that will create a live map on my desktop.  I also looked at
the graphing Pear module, but it seems that it cannot
generate an org-chart type map of the network.

Anyone know of something that will generate an org-chart like network
map dynamically?

Depends on how fancy you want -- you could probably use Konfabulator to
just display the stock network maps straight from Nagios.

Andrew Cruse