nanog mailing list archives

Re: FWD: Explanation for the recent major downtime

From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris () westnet com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, jc dill wrote:

My personal website is hosted with DreamHost.  They sent this out to their
customers today.  Of interest to NANOG is the bit about the N+1 redundant
genset system having 2 generators quickly fail, and in doing so having the
UPS fail and the entire data center go dark.  Something to consider in

For some reason this immediately made me think of " VAXen, my children, just
don't belong some places."

http://www.crash.com/fun/texts/vaxen-dont.html

We appear to have progressed, marginally, from those days. :-)

Chris Candreva  -- chris () westnet com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/