nanog mailing list archives

Re: SWIP and Rwhois in the Real World

From: Adam Rothschild <asr+nanog () latency net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 01:48:11 -0400

On 2005-09-07-00:04:15, "Greenhagen, Robin" <Robin () gsi-kc com> wrote:
Sorry, I misspoke.  I am looking for alternatives to the RWHOIS that is
1.5x from verisignlabs and distributed at various places including
rwhois.net.

If you don't mind occasional memory leaks, I've found NorthStar to be
a good IP management package, with [r]whois servers in the contrib:

  http://www.brownkid.net/NorthStar/

I agree with others that it is a bit obtuse.

You mean there are better ways of managing this kind of data data than
keeping 50 flat text files per netblock?  Blasphemy. :-)

-a