nanog mailing list archives

RE: Verizon outage in Southern California?

From: "Olsen, Jason" <jolsen () devry com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:08:06 -0500

We lost connectivity to a number of customers in the Los
Angeles and Long beach area and the local AM radio news
stations are talking about some major telephone issues
regarding Verizon.

Anyone have more information?  It seems to have started
around 02:30 local time this morning.

We lost connectivity (WAN/Internet/POTS) to our Long Beach site at
around 2:27 AM PDT today.  Several news agencies are reporting it on the
web (hooray news.google.com), citing "mechanical glitches" or bad
weather.  I've also heard rumors of a power outage, though I find those
highly suspect.  Choose your villan, I guess.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/
northern_california/12933014.htm
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/5115425/detail.html
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3546999

Jason "Feren" Olsen      Senior Network Engineer     DeVry, Inc
Em: jolsen () devry com     Ph: 630-645-1607            One Tower Lane
INOC-DBA: 19258*526      Fx: 630-389-2929            Oakbrook Terrace,
IL 60181