nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ie>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 06:51:00 +0100 (IST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Andre Oppermann wrote:

We all know how well carrier phone number routing and number portability works, don't we?

EWORKSFORME (and everyone else here). Took a good bit of very firm pressure from ComReg, the telecoms wathdog/regulator here, to overcome negative reaction from the operators though.

(There's no such pressure which could be applied on IP operators, but same processes essentially could be applied at least for IP connectivity at national regulatory levels at least - trade /32's at INEX, the IX here and figure out billing. If only ComReg had the authority.. ;) ).

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul () clubi ie        paul () jakma org       Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: