nanog mailing list archives

Re: TLD anycast clouds?

From: "Elmar K. Bins" <elmi () 4ever de>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:37:54 +0200

scg () gibbard org (Steve Gibbard) wrote:

I'm attempting to come up with a list of all the top level domain DNS
servers that are anycasted.  I already know about the anycast clouds run
by PCH, Neustar, Verisign, DENIC, and UltraDNS, and .mx appears from
traceroutes to be anycasted as well.

(I know about the anycasted root servers as well; they're out of scope for
this question...)

Are there others that I'm missing?

Add .de to your list. "z.nic.de" is anycasted.

I'd propose taking the list of TLDs, generating the list of associated
authoritative DNS servers (and their IP addresses) and try that list
on the routing registries...

Cheers,
        Elmi.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 () ID-31 news uni-berlin de>)