nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations for ISPs around the world

From: Kim Onnel <karim.adel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:41:24 +0200

For Africa, check out Equant and BT

On 10/24/05, Elmar K. Bins <elmi () 4ever de> wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I'm at a loss here. My current project is to find "good" transit providers
in those regions: South America, Eastern Europe, Africa, Asian-Pacific.

Requirements are simple:

- good regional connectivity/peerings
- fair reach to "mainland" Europe (London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt)
- locations close to exchanges (so we can join there, too)

I'm thinking of using two transit ISPs per location (full BGP from our
side,
of course).

I have considered MCI, BT Infonet, Verio, Reach, Sprint, for AP and/or
Latin
America, but they of course all tell you that they are greatly
interconnected.

For eastern europe I'm really at a loss, and Africa seems to lack regional
connectivity. All I can found is local stuff.

So, if anyone can give me a hand here, that would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Elmar.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu
substituieren."

]---