nanog mailing list archives

Re: h-root-servers.net (Level3 Question)

From: Daniel Roesen <dr () cluenet de>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:31:36 +0200

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 11:59:15AM +0200, Peter Dambier wrote:
I means, here in germany we cannot see h.root-servers.net

Nonsense. There is nothing like "geopolitical routing".

Ok, it is only one of the root servers. But have a look who
h.root-servers.net is. It is one of the originals not an
anycasted copy.

And it's not singlehomed to Cogent.

Maybe it is only dtag.de the uplink of my ISP but they are
the uplink of mostly any ISP here in germany.

Absolute nonsense again.

Here is my traceroute to h.root-servers.net right now:

So, where do you see a problem related to L3/Cogent there? Your
traceroute hits DREN, the operator of h.root-servers.net.

; <<>> DiG 9.1.3 <<>> . @h.root-servers.net
;; global options:  printcmd

DREN seems to have a problem there. I can see absolutely NO connection
to any L3/Cogent dispute.

And testing from DTAG 84/8 space myself I have the same prob. Perhaps
some bogus anti-bogon-filters at DREN in place?

Please stop your constant flood of nonsense and misinformation to the
NANOG mailing list. Thank you.

Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr () cluenet de -- dr@IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0