nanog mailing list archives

Re: classful routes redux

From: Michael.Dillon () btradianz com
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:41:23 +0000

... which is why I specifically said "no intention to ever connect to,
or communicates with nodes on, the global network". In which case
overlaps in adressblocks are irrelevant, as are any mention of NAT and
firewalls as there is no connection (direct or indirect) between the
networks.

The only case that I am aware of where there is truly
*NO* intention to ever connect to the global Internet
is military networks. When I was referring to other
internets I did not have military networks in mind.

In every other case that I am aware of, the partcipants
in the internet also maintain connectivity to the Internet
via alternate paths.

--Michael Dillon