nanog mailing list archives

Re: classful routes redux

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:40:45 +0000

  hostroute == /64

(and just think of all that spam than can originate from all those
 "loose" IP addresses in that /64 for your local SMTP server!!! Yummy)

-- Oat Willie

        ok... so is it -just- me that gets the willies thinking of the
        2x64-1 available IPv6 addresses that can be forged as source
        addresses for spam origination?    i REALLY want to have a tidy
        way of only announcing -EXACTLY- what is being used (ok, modulo
        one or two adjacent numbers)  and not some architecturally
        constrained "addressing plan" that has to conserve elsewhere.
        (yeah, and my co-bills want ponies)

--bill