nanog mailing list archives

Re: BCP regarding TOS transparancy for internet traffic

From: Saku Ytti <saku+nanog () ytti fi>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:52:50 +0300

On (2005-05-25 11:16 -0700), Fred Baker wrote:

I guess the question is why, just because you don't want to offer a
specific service, you want to prevent other ISPs from offering a stated
service to a user? There are some fairly good-sized ISPs offering
services based on the TOS octet. Are you trying to drive users to them?
Any customer that is setting EF on VoIP service is certainly expecting
that to go end to end.

 The problem is opposite, because I want to offer differentiated services
I want to rewrite the TOS byte. If I don't want to offer differentiated
services myself I can leave it untouched.

--
  ++ytti