nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sympatico / Nexxia (as577) smtp issues ?

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:19:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Mike Tancsa wrote:

Anyone know whats up with Sympatico / Bell's mail servers ?  My customers
are asking me why their mail is not getting there nor mail from sympatico
is not getting to us.  Most mail does not seem to be going through although
network connectivity seems fine. I tried from 2 other networks and the
issue seems to be the same.

421 #4.4.5 Too many connections to this host.
Connection closed by foreign host.

sometimes new email-bourne virii do this :( Suresh might know of a new
virus running rampant in the email world? or perhaps others watching
mailqueues do?