nanog mailing list archives

Re: phishing sites report - March/2005

From: Gadi Evron <gadi () tehila gov il>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:19:07 +0200

Daniel Golding wrote:
Forgive me for being skeptical, but...

I would prefer you being skeptical. Please don't take my word on any of this.

How do you come up with these? Are these the direct upstream ISPs of the

These are the digested results from the reports sent to the malicious websites and phishing research and mitigation list.

phishing sites or the next hop AS's from your test site?

Plainly put, these are the results you get when you feed the IP's of the hosting web sites to the Cymru whois.

Is there a link to the original data?

Nope. We hope to release more data in our next reports. Please let us know what kind of data you'd like available. We'll do our best to provide it.

One of our main goals is public awareness, so we are very interested in feedback. If you have further questions on the process itself, I'd gladly direct you to the guy who actually does the data mining and statistics - but the list data itself is not open to the public.

        Gadi.