nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet Email Services Association ( wasRE: Why do so few mail providers su

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:30:27 +0530

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:01:35 +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer () nic fr> wrote:
The agenda of the people who praise "email peering" is probably to
change that.

"Should anyone be allowed to operate an email system? Perhaps not."

AOL postmaster Carl Hutzler

Where does that advocate email peering?  As long as you have

1. A static IP
2. Reasonable technical competence (clue being such a rare beast)

I dont see Carl, or anybody else, objecting

Cue rants about how some people shouldnt be allowed to have root,
enable or whatever on etch a sketches, let alone production machines.
You've seen such people and so have I ...

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)