nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: NOC Display's

From: Chris Beggy <chrisb () kippona com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:08:52 -0400 (EDT)

On 2 Jun 2005, Michael.Dillon () btradianz com wrote:

Anyway, in our NOC we current have two LCD projectors displaying
outputs from two different computers.  On one of the display's, I
would like to be able to take 4 VGA outputs from 4 workstations, and
display it on the screen (aka: Hollywood square style).

This kind of problem is normally solved using software.
If the applications driving the 4 VGA displays are all
using X-Windows, then try an X Window manager that supports
capturing a window and displaying it in miniature form
in a dashboard or button bar. It should be possible to
adapt this easily to display the 4 applications in
a 2 x 2 matrix.

An X window manager like ratpoison or ion can easily do 2x2
tiling of windows, mixing continuously displayed host and remote
node sessions.

Chris