nanog mailing list archives

Re: Active BGP Probing and large AS-sets

From: Lorenzo Colitti <lorenzo () ripe net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:24:00 +0200

Jeroen Massar wrote:
And it also makes clear why it didn't pop up in GRH, as when you insert
the GRH ASN 8298 it won't be announced to GRH and thus it doesn't get
detected and as quite a number of people check only there it can go
quite unnoticed in the IPv6 tables...*

Actually, we never inserted AS8298 in any of the AS-sets we announced, so you should have seen them...

Sidetracking: BGP should never accept a path from another peer
containing the ASN of a directly connected peer... does it or not?

Hmm, I don't know. It wouldn't likely be selected as best path, of course, but why shouldn't it be accepted?

Regards,
Lorenzo

--
lorenzo () ripe net                  colitti () dia uniroma3 it
www.ripe.net                www.dia.uniroma3.it/~compunet