nanog mailing list archives

Re: Catalyst Flow Export wierdness.

From: Bill Nash <billn () billn net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:09:53 -0700 (PDT)

I've been out of the hands-on config game for a while, so certain portions of my clue is rusting. I knew the MSFC and the SUP both had their own ideas about how things were supposed to go, but (especially with IOS running on switches) wasn't 100% on the configuration behaviour. I can look at the configs and see that v5 export is configured, but I don't see an instruction to the SUP to export v5, which is what's tripping up my collection. Netflow being something our engineers haven't worked with extensively, and required configurations on recent IOS on Cats being something I'm not up to speed on, there's a a divide between me saying it's broken, and them saying that it's configured and that my tools are broken.

So there's head scratching and finger pointing on both sides that just needed a nudge. The versions didn't make the difference, the clued respondants still saw the break for what it was.

Thanks again.

- billn