nanog mailing list archives

Re: Outage queries and notices (was Re: GBLX congestion in Dallas area)

From: Pete Templin <petelists () templin org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:50:37 -0500

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

From down here, like Dave, at the relative bottom of the food chain, I
must agree with him and Steve, though I do understand Richard's
concerns there, and they're valid ones.

The Internet needs a PA system.

Problem is, the people who are equipped to talk, and, by and large,
many of the people who want to listen, are all *here*.

OK, make a separate list (i.e. nanog-alerts) with posting restricted to those on nanog-alerts-post, and we develop a policy for being accepted/removed on the -post list. Easy enough.

pt