nanog mailing list archives

Re: Needed : AOL Network Contact

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:32:34 -0400

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:25:29AM -0400, David Brinks wrote:
   I  seem  to  have  a  couple  Class  Cs  that AOL's portal servers are
   blocking and I would like to contact someone at AOL to discuss getting
   the  blocks  removed.  I've tried going through their tech support but
   after multiple dead-ends and being told "AOL is a content provider and
   doesn't  have  Network  Support  group, nor servers nor any people who
   take  care of servers" multiple times I'm wondering if any one you may
   have a backside phone number or email I could try.

   (I've  already  tried the number listed in their whois information but
   that  only  gets  met  to their Postmaster group and they also tell me
   they have no group that takes care of routers, IPs or servers.)

This seems like a good time to point out once again Jared Mauch's list of NOC
contact numbers.  If that's not a sufficient hint to let you find it, now
that you know it exists, let me know offlist, and I'll mail you the URL.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me