nanog mailing list archives

RE: Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

From: David Barak <thegameiam () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Morris <swm () emanon com> wrote:

And quite honestly, we can probably be pretty safe
in assuming they will not
be running IPv6 (current exploit) or SNMP (older
exploits) or BGP (other
exploits) or SSH (even other exploits) on that box.
:)  (the 1601 or the
2500's)

Let's see - RIP, Telnet, and SNMP are the only
services listening on the box, and those are ACLed off
at the serial interface.  I'd LOVE to run SSH, but my
image is not kind, nor is the size of the flash...

Not everyone has to worry about these things.  Place
and time.

Agreed - I just wanted to give a concrete example of
this stuff in the wild.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com