nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fundamental changes to Internet architecture

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:48:54 -0700

On 07/03/05, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com> wrote:

How do we *know* there are no fundamentally new great concepts ...
unless we *try a lot of stuff*.

        Trying stuff is good -- until something's tried, none of us can
        really know what it'll do.  At what point do entirely off-network
        experiments become on-topic for nanog?  (I doubt anyone has an
        easy answer, I just wanted to throw the question out there.)

How many light bulbs did Edison throw away?

        42?

--
J.D. Falk                                          a decade of cybernothing.org
<jdfalk () cybernothing org>                               registered 24 June 1995