nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:45:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Daniel Senie wrote:

I suppose a downside is folks using the Vonage boxes outside the US via VPN will be traceable by Vonage and could get shut down, if Vonage wanted to enforce such.

I think the ground based radio transmitters needed for indoor operation isn't around much outside the US. I was very surprised when I got a cellphone-based GPS navigator from AVIS last time I was in the US, and it started working inside the terminal building.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se