nanog mailing list archives

Re: NTIA will control the root name servers?

From: codewarrior () cuseeme de
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 17:49:46 +0200

On Jul 3, 2005, at 5:28 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 09:44:56 +0200, Peter Dambier said:

http://xn--8pru44h.xn--55qx5d/

Try to see their homepage!

I can't help it if they disregard RFC2826...

we talk about controlling nameservers right?

So why should they care about an RFC when they have they re own internet ?

CANN does not want them.
They dont want ICANN either.

This doesn't change the technical issues in rfc2826.

becasue there is not an  TECHNICAL issue

Go read this: http://65.246.255.51/rfc/rfc3675.txt
And ask yourself (a) why did that URL work at all, and (b) whether censoring
via top-level domain is likely to work.

ask yourself if you are on the right list ?