nanog mailing list archives

RE: Need BOGIES list

From: "Mark Foster" <blakjak () blakjak net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:30:28 +1200 (NZST)

I went to http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space and grep-ed
for APNIC (Asia-Pacific Network Information Center) to get the following
list.  For the church email site that I support I block wholesale /8 IP
address ranges.  I assume that for our church we will never get email
from an APNIC site.

*snip*

Great, if you intend to never correspond with 202/8, 203/8 and 210/8 you
just nuked most of New Zealand and a lot of Australia at the same time.

You might find that being a _tad_ more specific is useful. Believe it or
not, theres a lot of legit business conducted between Australasia and the
rest of the world...

Mark.

Sorry for replying again, but a quick google revealed this:

http://www.okean.com/asianspamblocks.html
(note the paragraph reccomending not blocking greater than /16 at a time)

And more specifically:

http://www.okean.com/china.html

This is probably what you're after, if you wish to block only China.

Mark.