nanog mailing list archives

Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:38:04 -0400

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 07:23:01PM +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
In any event, in the year 2020 we're NOT going to run IPv4 as we know
it today. It's possible that the packets that travel over the wires
still look like regular IPv4/TCP/UDP packets and all the complexity
is pushed out to the application or political/economic layers, but
that's not a possibility that appeals to me.

Is that layer 8?

Does anyone have a stateful firewall that works at that layer?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me