nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco and the tobacco industry

From: "Geo." <geoincidents () nls net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:58:09 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>

Your original suggestion was that it push it to the router.<<

Ok I guess it could be read that way but I was more suggesting they look for
a way to patch not upgrade to a new version. I've been around the industry
long enough to have seen Autodesk use the exe patch routine to patch
existing files right on disk so I know this is nothing new. My original
suggestion was to take that one step further and patch right in memory on
the router but if that's a security issue then fine patch the image on disk
and upload it like normal, makes no difference to my point.

My behavior hasn't changed because my MUA has been able to understand the
formats originally defined in RFC1847 and RFC2015, as updated by RFC3156,
for
over a decade now.<<

Yeah yeah, I've had this discussion several times, it's a bug in my software
and you couldn't give a darn if you are doing something that is incompatible
with what 90% of the world uses for email because you are right and everyone
else is wrong. Such is the spirit of the internet huh? (you picked on my use
of OE first, I was just responding)

Geo.

George Roettger
Netlink Services