nanog mailing list archives

Re: High Density Multimode Runs BCP?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:09:51 -0500

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:48:25 EST, "Hannigan, Martin" said:

As I said earlier, ribbon isn't designed for data centers,
nor is innerduct designed for ribbon.

I'd love to see some photos of people using innerduct+ribbon
cable. :-)

And let me guess - it probably actually works (more or less) for long enough
that the perpetrators have utilized the usual turnover rate to secure other
employment before the full extent of the horror becomes obvious? ;)

(In a quarter century, I have *yet* to encounter a cable-gone-horrorshow where
the perpetrators are still to be found.  Wonder how the cable *knows* that it's
now safe to go bad...)