nanog mailing list archives

Re: Emergency Internet Backbone Provider Maintenance Tonight

From: Colin Neeson <colin () oriel com au>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:09:56 +1100

I agree - this would not be a defect that would require backbone maintenance
- it's a defect that would affect edge VOIP devices, hardly core
infrastructure.

Of course, it could be that there is another more serious defect out there
that major providers have been pre-warned about and are deploying
countermeasures prior to a general disclosure (ALA SNMP vulnerabilities).

We'll have to wait and see.