nanog mailing list archives

Re: broke Inktomi floods?

From: Gadi Evron <gadi () tehila gov il>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:55:03 +0200

All Inktomi/Yahoo crawling is done from 68.142.248.0/22; the whois
entry for that block says to report issues to slurp () inktomi com

Have you tried alerting them to the problems yet?

If yes, and if you didn't receive a response, please forward me the mail
that you sent, and I'll see to it that the right people see it.

Thank you. I am now in contact with them. I must admit it is the first time I ever got any kind of abuse response from Yahoo!, but the people who contacted me seem serious. I will know more later on as to how well they handle it, but they seem like people who want to help.

        Gadi.