nanog mailing list archives

Re: [eweek article] Window of "anonymity" when domain exists, whois not updated yet

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:41:33 -0500

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:23:42 GMT, Michael.Dillon () radianz com said:

I happen to believe that a web of email peering
agreements is the best way to get us to the point
where it is difficult for anyone to anonymously
send email because they *MUST* relay it through
an ISP who will not accept the email for relay
unless they have authenticated the user.

The X.400 concepts of ADMD= and PRMD= really caught on, didn't they? ;)

Peering in a world of 64K ASNs, mostly basically static, is a lot different
than peering in a world of 40 million plus .COMs, many in motion.  Most of
the time, we're lucky if the MX record points to the right place....