nanog mailing list archives

Re: IBGP Question --- Router Reflector or iBGP Mesh

From: Erik Haagsman <erik () we-dare net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:38:36 +0100

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 13:09, Daniel Roesen wrote:
One of the main problems of route reflection is that the best path
decision is done centrally. The best route is not seen as from the
router making the forwarding decision, but from the route reflector's
point of view. Depending on network topology, geographic spread end
peering/transit topo, this might/will have significant negative effects.

This is where good use of clusters and logical network design are
necessary, but I don't think this is a route-reflector specific problem,
more a general networking problem once your network starts groing and
you start deploying a more complex edge/core based topology. I don't
think this is a reason to not use reflection as oppossed to full mesh.

Cheers,

--
---
Erik Haagsman