nanog mailing list archives

Re: Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

From: Andy Johnson <andyjohnson () ij net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:31:14 -0500

Nils Ketelsen wrote:
Only thing that puzzles me is, why it took spammers so long to go in
this direction.

Nils

I am still confused why people think this is new behavior. The sky is not falling (regardles of how many stories CNET publishes claiming it is), nor should this really be relevant to how I operate my network.

This is purely a systems administration issue to tackle, which I believe is beyond the scope of this list. I do find it amazing that we cannot go more than a month without raising some spam-related thread and beating it to death.

Andy